Join the crew ! Click !

Join the crew ! Click !
Get noticed

Wednesday 25 May 2011

The awesome journey - Part 1

Last adjustments to our lifelines
I must admit that anxiety was taking control of myself the night before I hopped on my bike . We had a little farewell party at the Ridgeway the night before and I’d like to thank all the people who came out and gave me the much needed support .

I could not close my eyes till about 3 am and decided that a drink was in order . I downed about half a pint of whiskey and coke . A little smoke later , I dozed off to the great wonders of dreamland .

I was awoken by Ben , a great brother of mine who got up as early as 6 am to come and send me off . I must tell you , I was so nervous about the whole thing , I did feel my hands shaking a little bit .

I know I was fit but at the same time , I had never cycled more than 10 miles at one time . Come what may – I kept telling myself . After quite an emotional bid farewell with my brother in law , sister , aunt and niece we proceeded to the car park of the Ridgeway for last minute amendments .

As we all know , Stefano decided to join me merely 4 days before this trip which made it quite interesting after all . I could tell , we didn’t say much to each other except giving each other an edgy glance every other minute . 

The crazy mother fuckers
  
 The mission of the day was to make the 85 mile ride to Folkestone  

View Larger Map
Trying to pull off a smile with a million thoughts in me head

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Website counter