Join the crew ! Click !

Join the crew ! Click !
Get noticed

Sunday 11 September 2011

Farewell to the island

You add the caption
 It is weird ...
I look out of the window and I don't see the clear ocean no more 
Instead , I'm overwhelmed with the sight of buildings and the ever deafening vehicles 
I see people walking on the streets with an obsession to a fast paced society 
I wonder what is going through their heads right now 
They don't look at ease but they sure are walking it 

I miss the hills that stood high on the island
The mist that subsides at dawn 
And the bats that used to fly narrowly missing my face
The locals who walked by greeting me 
As I sat there smoking on my bright blue porch

One season passed and many friends made
Memories that one would cherish
But could never chase
Grab your snorkels to the tide that we embrace
I now sit humbly on the corner of my bed

Fuck me , the world is getting smaller
But time seems to be pacing 
Dare to dream and dare to live
Are you in a rush to get somewhere
Why do we even bother 

It's been a good run of faith and dedication
Snap back in the real world 
Kickin' it like a rock and rolla
Dreams are made for a reason
And the reason is nothing but a bare self confession

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Website counter